Northside Public Safety Bulletin: October 2020
This month’s public safety bulletin is excerpted from a Crime Analysis Memo from the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Crime Analysis Unit.
By: NSC Staff
Photo courtesy of Atlantic Training via Wikimedia Commons
“Analysis highlights: In August 2020, there was [sic] a total of 202 reported crimes in Zone One. Shots fired accounted for the most reported crime type with 57 reported; Marshall-Shadeland and Spring Hill-City View neighborhoods accounted for the most reported crimes with each reporting 25; Zone One calls for service in August decreased by 6.5% from the previous year; 2020 accounted for the August with the least amount of calls for service since 2017; Thus far in 2020, August accounted for the month with the most calls for service; Citizens initiated 62% of calls for service (non on-view incidents) while officers initiated the remaining 38% of calls for service.”
You can view the full memo below: