Northside Public Safety Bulletin: May 2021
This month’s public safety bulletin is excerpted from a Crime Analysis Memo from the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Crime Analysis Unit. Data was pulled on April 1, 2021.
By NSC Staff
Photo courtesy of Atlantic Training via Wikimedia Commons
This month’s public safety bulletin is excerpted from a Crime Analysis Memo from the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Crime Analysis Unit. The data was pulled on April 1, 2021. The following statistics are based on data from calls for service and reported crimes and are not Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR)-vetted.
“Analysis Highlights: In March 2021, there was a total of 158 reported crimes in Zone One. Shots fired accounted for the most reported crime type with 62 reported. Perry South accounted for the most reported crimes with 24 reported. Zone One calls for service in March increased by 22% from the previous year. 2021 accounted for the March with the most amount of calls for service since 2018. Thus far in 2021, calls for service were the highest in March and the lowest in February. In March 2021, citizens initiated 53% of calls for service while officers initiated (on-view incidents) the remaining 47% of calls for service.”
You can view the full memo below.