September poll results
By Sean P. Ray | Managing Editor
The first month of fall — or autumn, if you want to be fancy — has come and gone, which means it’s time once again to take a look at the results of The Northside Chronicle’s weekly polls.
We kicked off the month asking how everyone planned to spend their Labor Day. Well it appears our readers like to keep things simple, as “Just relaxing” was the top vote-getter with 66% of the vote. “Family gathering” garnered the remaining 33%.
With school starting back up, we figured it was time to hit the textbooks. So we next asked what your favorite subject in school was. This ended up turning into a four-way tie, split between “English,” “Math,” “History” and “Art/Music.” While we couldn’t settle on just one favorite, at least we know what the least favorite subjects were, as “Science” and “Gym” received no votes.
As the weather begins to turn colder, people are starting to spend more time indoors. A popular indoor pastime is reading, so with that in mind we asked do you read many novels or non-fiction books? Well, we’re glad to know our readers are, well, readers, because “Yes, I read all the time!” had a clear victory with 83% of the vote. The remaining 17% was claimed by “I read a few books each year.”
Fall means the return of football, so we closed out the month by asking how optimistic you all were for the Steelers’ chances this season. While no one thought they were going to make it to the Super Bowl, we had a tie between “I think we’ll have a winning season” and “I don’t think we’ll have a winning season” at 40% of the vote each. A remaining 20% stayed neutral, saying “Not sure/no opinion.” We’ll just have to see which camp turns out correct, but I think we’ll all be rooting for our beloved black and gold team no matter what.
That brings an end to this round of poll results. We’ll be back in November with more. In the meanwhile, check out our polls, posted every Sunday to thenorthsidechronicle.com. Just scroll down on the homepage and you’ll find them on the right hand side.