By Gina Grone | Executive Director, Northside North Shore Chamber
The Northside North Shore Chamber serves the business community in and around the Northside and has been doing so since 1897. We currently have 310 member businesses, and we serve them by promoting, connecting and supporting.
Here are some of our recent activities and updates.
Renewed Members: The following 11 companies or organizations renewed their membership in the past month: Allegheny Health Network, Alling Agency, Community College of Allegheny County, Em-Media, Foundation of HOPE, Goodrich & Geist, Highmark Health, PNC Bank, Sarah Heinz House, Tech Elevator and Thermo-Calc Software.
New Members: We were pleased to welcome the following 14 companies or organizations as new members in the past month: A1 Concrete Leveling, ADP, Arthur Demarest Architects, Colliers Engineering & Design, Cosmos Technologies, First Commonwealth Bank, Flashlight Factory, Heartland, Horace Mann, J. Galt, Nazareth Prep at Holy Family Institute, The Mastilak Wealth Management Group – Stifel, WorkWell Occupational Medicine and Yinz Coffee.
Community Night with the Pirates
For the 33rd year, the Northside Chamber invites the community to the Community Night with the Pirates! The event brings about 300 people out to enjoy a fun tailgate and game. It will be held on June 28 starting at 5:30 p.m.
All kinds of groups enjoy this event. Businesses will bring their entire teams, community groups and service organizations will join together for an outing, families will gather for a night at the park, and friends will come out to celebrate. Join us!
Ticket prices are $25 for children (12 and under) and $50 for adults. Tickets include access to the tailgate (with food and beer/pop/water, DJ and games), game tickets in section 130, a Pirates hat and participation in an optional after- party at Mike’s Beer Bar.
More information and ticket links at bit.ly/2023piratesnight.
Business Luncheon recap
On May 11, 220 attendees gathered in the Carnegie Science Center’s beautiful PointView Hall. The 2023 Annual Business Luncheon celebrated Northside Arts & Culture in several different ways:
- Arts and culture organizations located in the Northside had informational tables at the event.
- The main speaker was Patrick Moore, director of The Andy Warhol Museum, presenting information about their Pop District initiative, which will bring more visitors, dollars, and opportunities to the region.
- The chamber announced upcoming plans to collaborate with the arts and culture assets on some exciting cross-promotional and cross-programming initiatives.
The event was an excellent opportunity for all involved to take time to appreciate the breadth of arts and culture treasures that we have on the Northside.
Other upcoming events
We have several networking and informational events coming up in May and June. Join us!
- May 9, 8 a.m. — Coffee & Contacts at Babb Insurance
- May 17, 12 p.m. — Food for Thought: Tax Credit Opportunities in Pennsylvania (virtual)
- May 25, 5:30 p.m. — In Your Business at East Street Beer
- May 31, 12 p.m. — Food for Thought: Employment Law Focus (virtual)
- June 13, 8 a.m. — Coffee & Contacts at Off the Floor Pittsburgh
- June 21, 12 p.m. — Food for Thought: Social Media Focus — What’s New? (virtual)
- June 28, evening — Community Night with the Pirates
Learn more today at our website at northsidechamberofcommerce.com, contacting us at (412) 231-6500, emailing us at info@northsidechamberofcommerce. com or stopping into our office on Middle Street in Deutschtown.