By Sean P. Ray | Managing Editor
It’s time to once more check in on the results of The Northside Chronicle’s weekly polls!
This time we’re looking at the results from the month of May. We had five polls in total for the month, starting out by asking what everyone’s favorite type of pet was. It was a battle of cats and dogs, with no other type of pet receiving any votes. Dogs came out ahead with 62.5% of the vote, and cats garnering 37.5%.
Next we asked whether our readers felt the Steelers’ draft picks will have a positive impact on the team.
Well, apparently Pittsburgh’s love of football might be slipping, because nobody ended up responding to this poll. Or perhaps everyone was too busy watching the draft to answer. It’s OK, we understand.
Keeping in the world of sports, we asked what the chances were that the Pittsburgh Pirates would reach the World Series this season. This ended up being our most popular poll of the month. The Pirates more popular than the Steelers? Something is very off in Pittsburgh.
In any case, 37.5% of you said you thought it’s very likely they’ll make it. Two responses received 25% of the vote each, those being “I think it’s somewhat likely” and “I don’t think it’s likely at all.” Finally, 12.5% said they didn’t think it’s likely, but there’s a chance.
Moving away from sports, we next asked what everyone’s favorite season is. Summer was the easy victor here, taking 80% of the vote. The only other season to receive any votes, in fact, was fall, which took the remaining 20%.
Finally, as the primary election had just wrapped up, we asked how our readers felt about the results. Half of you said you were satisfied and a lot of your candidates one. Both “somewhat satisfied” and “neutral” received 25% of the vote each. Glad to know no one was unhappy with the election.
Check out our polls on our website, northsidechronicle.com. New polls are posted every Sunday morning.
The polls are found on our homepage. Just scroll down to find them on the right side of the screen. Got an idea for a poll? Email your thoughts to editor@ thenorthsidechronicle.com and we’ll take it under consideration for a future poll.