Advertising Manager | The Northside Chronicle
Function: The Northside Chronicle, a monthly community newspaper for Pittsburgh’s Northside, is seeking a motivated entry-level Advertising Manager for an immediate start. The Advertising Manager is responsible for generating revenue for the Chronicle by meeting monthly ad sales projections through the sales of print and online advertisements, finding and developing sales leads, managing day-to-day business operating of the paper, designing ads and managing advertising accounts.
Qualifications: Degree in advertising, marketing or business. Ad sales experience is a must. Experience with Adobe Photoshop required, InDesign preferred. Must have own vehicle, some travel required.
Base pay plus commission. Excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401(k), vacation and sick days. Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to address above.
Serious inquiries only.
Line of Authority:
The Advertising Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Northside Community Development Fund.
- Generate and pursue ad leads
- Close on ad sales and facilitate communication to receive print and online ads
- Manage and negotiate advertising contracts
- Create and change ads for clients as necessary
- Design ads using Adobe Photoshop
- Assist Managing Editor with design and layout using Adobe InDesign
- Manage record keeping and collections process to ensure all ads are paid for promptly
- Invoice all advertisers monthly
- Act as a representative to the community on behalf of The Northside Chronicle
- Attend community events as necessary for networking and sales
- Any other such tasks as necessary or assigned by the Executive Director for the advancement and/or successful publication, operation and distribution of The Northside Chronicle
*To apply please visit the official job listing.