The Northside property, which formerly housed the Rosa Villa restaurant and bar, has been demolished.
Story and photos by Ashlee Green
The Rosa Villa property, located at the corner of East General Robinson and Sandusky Streets and across the street from The Andy Warhol Museum, has been demolished.
The property housed the Rosa Villa restaurant and bar from 1932 to 2004. It was then given to The Andy Warhol Museum, who used its facade for public works of art, like the series by Pittsburgh artists Bekezela Mguni, Paradise Gray, and Alisha B. Wormsley called “Activist Print,” which began in 2016 as a collaborative effort between The Warhol, BOOM Concepts, and Artists Image Resource.
According to Charlene Bidula, Communications Manager at The Andy Warhol Museum, “…future plans for the Rosa Villa property have not yet been determined, but in the interim, it will be replaced with a small pedestrian park.”
Bidula also stated that this summer, The Warhol will be “refreshing parts of our building exterior and surrounding campus.” Funds from an Allegheny Regional Assets District (RAD) grant will be used to install new windows at The Warhol. The museum will remain open during normal business hours throughout the renovations.