This month’s public safety bulletin is excerpted from a Crime Analysis Memo from the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Crime Analysis Unit. Data was pulled on Jan. 4, 2021.

By: NSC Staff

Photo courtesy of Atlantic Training via Wikimedia Commons

This month’s public safety bulletin is excerpted from a Crime Analysis Memo from the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Crime Analysis Unit. The data was pulled on Jan. 4, 2021. The following statistics are based on data from calls for service and reported crimes and are not Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR)-vetted. 

“Analysis Highlights: In December 2020, there were a total of 174 reported crimes in Zone One. Shots fired accounted for the most reported crime type with 64 reported. Brighton Heights and East Allegheny accounted for the most reported crimes with 21 each. Zone One calls for service in December decreased every year since 2017. Zone One calls for service in December decreased 6.4% from the previous year and decreased 15% from 2017. In 2020, calls for service were the highest in August then decreased every month following (December was the second lowest month for calls for service in 2020). Citizens initiated 58.3% of calls for service while officers initiated (on-view incidents) the remaining 41.7% of calls for service.” You can view the full memo below.

Northside Chronicle Town Hall Subscription