It’s St. Paddy’s Day weekend, why not spend it on the Northside?
By: NSC Staff
Thursday, March 15
Juicy Brews Takeover at Federal Galley
In part of the Juicy Brews Hotel Party at Ace Hotel, Federal Galley will be hosting a special pre-party celebration with a tap takeover. Aslin Beer Company, Barreled Souls Brewing Company, Jackie O’s Brewery and Mystic Brewery will be offering up 7 new brews from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. For more information visit the event’s Facebook page.
March Wine Party at The Priory
The Priory Hotel will be hosting an organic Italian wine party from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wine samplings will feature Zensa Brut, Zensa Fiano, Borgo dei Trulli Salice Salentino, and Tenuta Fiorebelli Cabaletta with complimentary food pairings. Entertainment will be provided by Ray Lanich. Tickets are $60, for additional information visit The Priory’s event page.
First-time Homebuyers Happy Hour at ACB
Allegheny City Brewing will be hosting a happy hour for first-time homebuyers 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Information sessions will be provided by representatives from ReMax Select, Dollar Bank and Holman and James Insurance. For more information visit the event’s Facebook page.
Her Ladyship at Scratch Food & Beverage
The weekly concert series continues from 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Late night food menu starts at 10 p.m., for more information visit the event’s Facebook page.
Friday, March 16
Youth Invasion at Andy Warhol Museum
New exhibit and program, Youth Invasion 2018: Stay Woke debuts at the Andy Warhol Museum from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The program will feature input from Pittsburgh youth and their perceptions of Andy Warhol’s work. In addition featured work from young artists will be on display until March 23. For more information visit the museum’s event page.
St.Paddy’s Pre-game Yoga at Union Fitness
Need a quick health boost before the holiday weekend? Union Fitness is hosting a pre-St. Paddy’s Day Yoga session 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. For more information or to reserve a spot, visit the event’s Facebook page.
Public Reception for Funk: American Dada
A public artist reception for Funk: American Dada will be held at the Manchester Craftsman Guild from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The exhibit is inspired by the sub-genre of ‘funk’ that was created through influences from abstract expressionism and jazz and celebrates African-American artists who helped create and influence the genre. For more information, visit the MCG’s event page.
Only 3 more weeks of fish fries left…
- Javor Croatian Hall – 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Take-out is also available, for more information visit their Facebook page.
- Allegheny Elks Lodge – 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Riverview Presbyterian Church – 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Take-out is available, for more information visit their Facebook page.
- Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish – 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- St. Cyril/Northside Catholic School – 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Take-out is available, for more information call 412-761-1552
- Teutonia Männerchor – 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Take-out is available, for more information, visit the club’s event page.
- St. Peter Parish – 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Take-out is available, for more information, visit the church’s event page.
Saturday, March 17
Mister Rogers Birthday Celebration at The Children’s Museum
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Mister Rogers Neighborhood, the Children’s Museum will be hosting a number of events in honor of Fred Rogers with their “Fred Rogers and Us” event series. The celebration kicks off with a Mister McFeeley ‘Meet and Greet’ from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For a complete schedule, visit the museum’s event page.
Female Emcee Hour at Young Brother’s Bar
In honor of National Women’s History Month, Young Brother’s Bar will be hosting a Female Emcee Hour from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page.
St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
Pittsburgh St. Paddy’s Day is here, while the annual parade may be downtown a number of Northside establishments will be hosting their own holiday celebrations:
- Kegs and Eggs at Threadbare Cider and Mead from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- St. Paddy’s Day Bash at Bar Louie from 11 a.m. to midnight
- David and Pappy from theCAUSE at Bier’s Pub from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Southern Tier from 10 a.m. to midnight
- Bindley Hardware Co. and Abby Adams at The Park House from 8 p.m. to midnight