Starting Sunday, Sept. 5, 5 Northside bus routes will change numbers and service routes, and 3 will be eliminated. Links lead to .pdf schedules. Monday, Sept. 6 is Labor Day so all bus routes will operate on a holiday schedule. These were planned route changes, and are not part of the Port Authority’s large budget shortfall that could potentially cause even more route and service cuts.
- The 6A becomes 4 Troy Hill
- The 6C becomes 7 Spring Garden
- The 11C becomes 9 Perry Highway
- The 11D becomes 8 Perrysville
- The 13C is eliminated, alternates are 13X and 9
- The 13F is eliminated, alternates are 8, 13X and 500
- The 17B becomes 17 Shadeland
- The 18B is eliminated, alternate is 17
If you were planning on waking up early tomorrow to take advantage of the nice fall weather we’ve got coming, maybe you should think again. Much of the North Shore will be shut down in the morning and early afternoon for a race.
These Northside bus routes will be detoured ON SATURDAY ONLY:
1 -Freeport Road
12A -North Hills Shopper
14 -Ohio Valley
1D -Mount Royal Boulevard
500 -Highland Park-Bellevue
6A -Troy Hill Road
The following roads will be closed in part or full from around 5 a.m. to 1 p.m., according to the Port Authority: North Shore Drive, Allegheny Avenue, Reedsdale Street, Lacock Street, Federal Street, Sandusky Street, West General Robinson Street, Mazeroski Way and Art Rooney Avenue. For more details, visit the Port Authority website here.