Do you enjoy creating and delivering custom communication projects? Have a passion for shopping small, eating local, and living indie?
Join The Northside Chronicle this fall for a 12 week internship that follows the seasonal pivot of holiday shopping and promotions for local businesses from September – November leading up to the national Small Business Saturday event.
Learn how to work with the small business community, become a shop small brand ambassador, and develop a series of weekly projects highlighting products/services and a capstone collection piece for holiday shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Duties include: using social media and building business/neighborhood engagement, organizing information and lists per topic/categories assigned, completing outreach at local businesses, taking photos for print, taking video for website/social media, and making our work fun for everyone.
Intern(s) will work directly with and report to the Advertising Manager.
College credit is available. All completed projects will be published in newsprint and online for student portfolios. Plus, you may choose to accept a highly desirable invitation to a very funny holiday party in December.
What you’ll need to bring to the table to qualify:
1. Demonstrated ability to complete projects on tight deadlines.
2. Experience using creative digital software to create custom marketing visuals.
3. Have personal camera (other than a smart phone) and/or experience using a professional camera in various environments.
4. Have a personal car and/or within 30 minute public transportation/bike ride to the Northside (15212, 15214, 15233).
5. Must have access and know how to use Excel or Google Drive spreadsheets.
Interested candidates should email their cover letters, resumes and three samples of work to advertising @ thenorthsidechronicle.com
Include you answer to this question in your cover letter: What do you expect to personally gain from this internship? (ie skill, exposure, solving a burning question within…)
2019 Fall Semester Schedule:
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 9th.
Qualifying candidates will be reached for interviews beginning Friday, August 16th.
Internship program runs Monday, September 16th – Saturday, November 30th.