Chamber Update: August 2022
From: Gina Grone – Executive Director, Northside North Shore Chamber of Commerce
Event attendees at the July 12 “Coffee and Contacts” morning networking. Courtesy of Northside North Shore Chamber of Commerce.
The Northside North Shore Chamber serves the business community in and around the Northside and has been doing so since 1897. We currently have 240 member businesses, and we serve them by promoting, connecting and supporting.
Here are some of our recent activities and updates.
Renewed Members: The following 18 companies or organizations renewed their membership in the past month: 412 Brewing, Aflac, Bier’s Pub, Clearway Energy, Computer Fellows, Goodrich & Geist, Milton Investments, Moonshot Museum, NLT Master Tenant, Penn Brewery, Peoples, Print Management, RCC Building Contractors, SONDER architects, Southern Tier Brewing Company, Stephen M. Brady Funeral Home, Triangle Tech, and Waltmire Pharmacy.
New Members: We were pleased to welcome the following 8 companies as new members in the past month: Black Women Wise Women (BW3), BMS Cat / Firedex of Pittsburgh, BWT Land Management, Central Outreach Wellness Center, Eden at the Garden Theater, Everest Infrastructure Partners, Links Brewing, and Wakefield Law Group.
MEET THE BOARD
The 17-member board of directors is representative of the chamber membership and is comprised of distinguished leadership from many of the Northside’s key institutions.
- Co-Chairs – Scott Pipitone, Pipitone Group; Mark Masterson, Neighborhood Community Development Fund
- Vice Chair – Evon Walters, Community College of Allegheny County
- Secretary – Christine Lomago, Faros Properties & Nova Place
- Treasurer – Chuck Schons, Huntington Bank
- At-Large – Debra Caplan, HobartHumphrey & The Forbes Funds
• Sandy Cindrich, Penn Brewery
• Erin Conley, AmCom Office Systems
• John Graf, Priory Hospitality Group
• Terri Hammond, Siempre Algo
• Rahmon Hart, Rivers Casino
• Jennifer Hribar, WesBanco
• Frank Jans, Allegheny General Hospital
• Ken Turnbull, Allegheny Center Alliance Church
• Gloria Wainwright, First National Bank
• Fantasy Zellars, Bounce Marketing
• Jacqueline Ziemianski, Peoples Gas
PROMOTION AND REFERRALS
Part of the chamber’s mission is to promote the businesses and organizations that choose to be dues-paying members. This takes shape as:
- Directory – Our online member directory is organized by industry category. It is available for public viewing. Check it out!
- Chamber Referrals – Each week, the Northside Chamber fields requests via phone or email from people looking for recommendations for businesses or services. Our team only recommends business that are trusted members. Contact us today with your questions!
- Facebook Group – The group “Northside – Pittsburgh’s Best Side” is an all-Northside group open to anyone with an interest in the Northside – residents, employees and visitors. The group contains posts about events, job openings, requests for business recommendations, and more. Join the group today!
- NorthSideWorks! Social Media – The chamber’s workforce development program makes regular posts on its Facebook and Instagram accounts, mainly targeting job-seekers. Follow the accounts to learn about job openings, training opportunities, and employment information specific to the Northside.
The Northside North Shore Chamber prides itself on being approachable and genuine as we promote, connect, and support our members. Learn more today at our website (www.northsidechamberofcommerce.com), contacting us (412-231-6500, email@example.com) or stopping into our office on Middle Street in Deutschtown.