From the Children’s Museum:
Children’s Museum will celebrate the reopening of its refurbished and upgraded Nursery Exhibit Area May 7 with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
New additions to The Nursery exhibit include:
- Water Painting—where children can paint with water on a wall.
- Block Play Area—created from a repurposed bowling alley.
- Expanded Sand/Light Area—where you can sculpt, comb and push colored sand atop lit tables with a variety of hand tools.
- Renovated Nursing Area—with bench seating, chairs, and reading material.
- Artwork on loan from Artist Image Resources
Additional features include:
- New Light Circles—where children can touch the rim and change the colors that light up bottle caps, gummy bears, and liquid tubes.
- New Ball Maze—which is a 9-foot long sculptural maze that builds hand-eye coordination and helps refine young children’s motor skills.
The refurbishment and upgrading of the Nursery exhibit is made possible by a grant from Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.